The Procurement and Operations Management group is positioned within the Department of Management. The faculty undertakes a range of teaching and research in the following broad disciplinary areas: Operations and Supply Chain Management, Sustainability, Project Management, Crisis and Resilience Management, Procurement and Contract Management, Data Analytics, Innovation and Digital Transformation.
More specific research interests of the POM group cut across the following themes.
- Organisational buying behaviour, strategic sourcing and make-buy
- Developing cross-functional procurement strategies
- Digitisation and Data Analytics and its impact upon organisations/ supply chains
- Sustainability and Resilience
- Global Value Chains and Production
- Trust and social capital within and between organisations and their stakeholders
- Policy, systems, creativity facilitation, buyer-seller and horizontal inter-organisational innovation
Also in 'Management'