- Study with expert academics and industry professionals
- Add a postgraduate level qualification to your CV
- A total workload (or study time) of 100-150 hours and flexibility to study around your existing commitments
- Develop the specialist skills you need for your career goals
- Gain an introduction to Masters level study
- Earn a University of Birmingham Postgraduate Microcredential Certificate upon successful completion of the course
- Provides a transcript that sets out the learning outcomes for a microcredential, total study hours required, and number of credit points earned.
- Students that successfully pass may be offered admission and recognition of prior learning for a full masters pathway at the University of Birmingham
- Alumni status with the University of Birmingham
- The specification for a Postgraduate Microcredential is aligned to the Common Microcredential Framework (CMF) and European Qualification Framework (EQF), a common European reference framework whose purpose is to make qualifications more readable and understandable across different countries and systems.
Postgraduate Microcredentials allow you to gain skills without committing to a full degree.
We offer a range of Postgraduate Microcredential certificate courses for working professionals and recent graduates.
Our microcredentials are designed to support you to upskill or reskill for work in rapidly-growing industries, without the time and financial commitment of a full degree.
Courses typically include content from modules that form part of existing Masters degree programmes at Birmingham. These are offered as microcredential options and you will often attend these lectures alongside full Masters students. You can also gain an official University of Birmingham award and credits when courses have been successfully completed.