Here is a brief overview of the programme, including compulsory events and key dates.
Compulsory activity on campus, Saturday 19 February 2022
During this session, students will have the opportunity to:
Engage with their University R2P Mentor, their personal contact at the University, who studies a degree related to their academic stream
Meet the R2P team who will support them while on programme
Build skills needed for their professional career of choice
Learn more about Pathways to Birmingham and the benefits of successful completion
Interact with other students looking to pursue a similar career pathway
Student shadow experience
All students are offered the opportunity to attend a university lecture with their R2P mentor relevant to their R2P stream. Students will experience first hand what it is like to be a university student and experience changing teaching styles. Mentors will take students on a bespoke campus tour relevant to their subject area.
Becoming a professional
Academic stream event on Friday 22 April 2022
Students will get a chance to:
- Learn what it takes to become a professional from our award winning Careers Network Team
- Hear from our admissions teams and subject staff about educational pathways available to you at the University of Birmingham
- Ask academic staff for tips to strengthen their university application to ensure it stands out from the crowd
Your next step event
Application preparation and support event on Wednesday 1 June 2022
This session is designed to help students:
- Prepare for their UCAS applications including admissions tests (including the UCAT), interviews, and personal statements
- Learn more about the Pathways to Birmingham reflective assignment
- Learn about Skills4Uni and its accompanying assessment
Industry insight events
Students will be able to access industry insight events where they will be able to learn more about their profession of choice. These events will provide students with an invaluable insight into their chosen profession and aim to help them make important decisions about their future.