University of Birmingham / Bridge House Nigeria Outstanding Achievement Scholarships
- Level of study
- Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 30/06/2019 (Note: competition closed for this year)
The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce one scholarship award of £3,000 for Nigerian students applying for entry to an undergraduate programme at the Birmingham campus starting September 2019.
This is a joint award with our local representatives, Bridge House Counselling, and will be awarded to the highest performing student starting their University of Birmingham programme in September 2019.
Value of Award
The scholarship award is for £3,000 towards tuition fees for the first year only of a full time undergraduate degree programme at the University of Birmingham UK camps, starting September 2019.
Please note that students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham in the UK, and students applying for MBChB Medicine and Surgery or BDS Dental Surgery are not eligible for this scholarship.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full time undergraduate programme starting September 2019. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at the Birmingham UK campus.
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be classed as Nigeria domiciled and a Nigerian national.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2019 (the scholarship award cannot be deferred). Be registered with, and have their undergraduate study application attached to our local representatives – Bridge House Counselling.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer from the University of Birmingham, have selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice, and be registered with Bridge House Counselling by the scholarship deadline of 30 June 2019. Selection for the award will be based on academic merit. No interview will be required. The scholarships will be announced by August.
The scholarship will be awarded upon enrolment on studies in September 2019.
If you do have outstanding questions please contact our local representative:
Bridge House Counselling
Bridge House College
1/3, Olagunsoye Oyinlola Street,
2nd Avenue Estate,
Tel: +234 1 8728297