University of Birmingham Nigeria Outstanding Achievement Scholarships
- Level of study
- Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 17/07/2020 (Note: competition closed for this year)
The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce the award of 12 scholarships of £2,500 for Nigerian domiciled students applying for entry to an undergraduate programme at the University starting September 2020.
These are joint awards with our local representatives who are listed here in alphabetical order: Bridge House Counselling, Brookstone International Foundation School Abuja, Brookstone International Foundation School Port Harcourt, Oxbridge Tutorial College (Lagos and Lekki), SI-UK (‘Study In-UK’), UKEAS and Zamani College. Our in-country Officer will also be helping to coordinate the awards.
The scholarships will be awarded to the highest performing students starting their University of Birmingham programme in 2020/21 academic year.
Value of Award
The scholarship award is for £2,500 towards tuition fees for the first year only of a full time undergraduate degree programme at the University of Birmingham UK camps, starting September 2020.
Please note that students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham in the UK, and students applying for MBChB Medicine and Surgery or BDS Dental Surgery are not eligible for this scholarship.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full time undergraduate programme starting September 2020. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at the Birmingham UK campus.
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be classed as Nigeria domiciled and a Nigerian national.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2020 (the scholarship award cannot be deferred).
- Be registered with, and have their undergraduate study application attached to one of our local representatives as listed above and below.
- Accept an offer from the University of Birmingham and select Birmingham as their firm choice by the scholarship application deadline and be in contact with one of our local representatives listed above by this scholarship deadline of 17 July 2020.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer from Birmingham, have selected Birmingham as their firm choice, and be in contact with and registered at one of our local representatives listed above by the scholarship deadline of 17 July 2020. Selection for the award will be based on academic and extracurricular merit. No interview will be required.
Decisions will be announced in August and the scholarships will be awarded upon the students’ enrolment in September 2020.
If you do have outstanding questions please contact our local representatives in Nigeria:
Bridge House Counselling
1/3, Olagunsoye Oyinlola Street,
2nd Avenue Estate,
Tel: +234 1 8728297
Brookstone – Abuja Campus
Plot 1238, Cadastral Zone Off Mobil Filling Station,
Ahmadu Bello Way, Mabushi District,
Brookstone International Foundation School – Port Harcourt
Tel: 08155000986 or 08070432693
Oxbridge Tutorial College
49 Sobo Arobiodu Street
Lekki Phase 1
Plot 44 Niyi Okunubi St,
Lekki Phase I,
Tel: +234 817 052 6734 or +234 802 133 2170
2 Ahmed Onibudo Street
For details of other SI-UK offices, please see our country page
3rd Floor, 76 Opebi Road
Tel: +234 (0) 1 3429059
For details of other UKEAS offices, please see our country page.
1, Waziri Maccido Road,
P.O. Box 7399,
Tel: 0805 648 0340, 0802 917 0280