All Modules are held at Birmingham unless otherwise stated.
The number in brackets is the number of credits; 120 taught credits must be taken during the 4–year programme.
- Process engineering fundamentals *1 (10)
- Bioscience for graduates from other scientific disciplines *2 (10)
*1 May not be taken by someone with a chemical engineering or related degree.
*2 May not be taken by someone with a bioscience or related degree.
- Modern genome-based bioscience (10)
- Measurement techniques (10)
- Colloids and Rheology (20)
- Supplementary Colloids and Rheology* (10)
- Molecular delivery (10)
- Supplementary Molecular Delivery* (10)
- Mathematical modelling of time-dependent processes (10)
- Developing food structure through thermal processing (10)
- Hygienic food processing (10)
- Food flavour (10)
- Manufacturing principles in pharmaceutical production (10)
- From bench to market: the development of pharmaceutical drug products (10)
- Design and development of drug delivery systems (10)
- Particle technology (10)
- AF4 - Food Structure Change through Physical Processing: Low Water Content (Nottingham)
- UCL1 - Biological Product Formation and Delivery (UCL)
- SU1 - Clean Technology and Sustainability (Surrey)
* the supplementary modules can only be taken by arrangement with the course director.
Management and Marketing Skills Modules
- Effective project management (10)
- Business methods and industrial economics (10)
- Marketing and quality management (10)
Please note: The modules listed on the website for this programme are regularly reviewed to ensure they are up-to-date and informed by the latest research and teaching methods.