The course consists of a mini-project, and a research thesis, which will be two-thirds of the entire programme. You will also study essential Research Skills and a further 20 credits of optional modules.
- Research Skills - 10 credits
- 30 credits - Mini-project - 30 credits
- MRes Thesis - 120 credits
20 credits must be chosen, examples of optional modules are listed below:
- Advanced Aspects of Nature Inspired Search and Optimisation (Extended) - 20 credits
- Neural Computation (Extended) - 10 credits
- Intelligent Robotics (Extended) - 20 credits
- Intelligent Data Analysis (Extended) - 10 credits
- Machine Learning (Extended)
- Nature Inspired Search and Optimisation - 10 credits
Please note: The modules listed on the website for this programme are regularly reviewed to ensure they are up-to-date and informed by the latest research and teaching methods. Unless indicated otherwise, the modules listed for this programme are for students starting in 2023. On rare occasions, we may need to make unexpected changes to core modules; in this event we will contact offer holders as soon as possible to inform or consult them as appropriate.