Taught over four days, our MBA Essentials course is made up of 'unbundled' modules from our full Executive MBA degree. The MBA Essentials offers block-teaching modules that fits busy schedule and will support managers with their career prospects, either in their own organisation or moving elsewhere.
The MBA Essentials – Corporate Communicationexplores the range of communication issues facing the corporate communication manager in modern UK organisations. Communication theory is explored within the context of integrating electronic and face to face communication as a foundation for comprehending key managerial challenges. Emphasis is placed upon the role of teams (real and virtual) within contemporary public and private sector environments. Techniques for dealing with crisis communication and associated reputation management are explored with an emphasis upon actions and guidelines for dealing with the media.
By the end of the module you should be able to:
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the realities and myths surrounding corporate communication and their impact upon organisations and their teams
- Critically evaluate the role of team development and performance upon corporate reputation and identity
- Understand and evaluate the processes involved in managing organisational communication with external audiences
- Critically analyse organisational behaviour in relation to reputation management during crises
- Critically evaluate organisational strategies for managing press and media relations
We are offering up to 15 £1,000 scholarships for learners studying an MBA Essentials short course.
Why study at University of Birmingham?
- The module will equip you to move into more senior management positions, either in your own organisation or moving elsewhere
- We are ranked number one for being targeted by the top UK employers (High Fliers Research 2021)
- Modular delivery over long weekends (Friday to Monday) limits the impact of study on your work commitments.
- Birmingham Business School holds triple-crown accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the Association of MBAs (AMBA) and the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS).
- Birmingham Business School is the UK’s oldest business school, bringing more than 100 years of innovative teaching and research.
- The University of Birmingham is a member of the Russell Group, an organisation of the UK’s top 24 research-led universities.
The University of Birmingham is also a member of Universitas 21, the leading global network of research-intensive universities.
What is a microcredential?
Microcredentials are designed to upskill you for work in rapidly growing industries, without the time and cost commitment of a full degree. Your microcredential can stand alone as an independent credential, and some also offer academic credit to use towards a degree.
- Learn with expert instructors: Complete courses led by experts with a dedicated group of professionals
- Earn a professional credential: Finish your learning and pass your assessments to gain an accredited credential
- Advance further in your career: Use your microcredential as evidence of your specialised skills and progress further in your industry
How to apply?
When clicking on the Apply Now button you will be directed to an application specifically designed for the programme you wish to apply for where you will create an account with the University application system and submit your application and supporting documents online.
To be eligible for assessment, your application must be complete and submitted before: Friday 7 April 2023 for Overseas/International students and Friday 21 April 2023 for Home/UK based-students (23h59 - UK time). Before submitting your application, please make sure it is complete. Otherwise, your application will not be reviewed.
Find out more
Register your interest for this short course to request more information about the course and for scholarship information