Flexible and practical, the MBA Essentials – Management of Change is designed to fit in with existing career commitments, enabling managers across a range of industries and sectors to boost their career prospects. The module is delivered in an intensive four-day block spread over one long weekend. The programme will equip you to move into more senior management positions, either in your own organisation or moving elsewhere.
The Entrepreneurship and Innovation module is about entrepreneurs, innovators, and the things (products, services and processes) they create.
Entrepreneurship is not confined to the context of new ventures or start-ups. For example, entrepreneurship can occur within large and mature organisations, and as often as not occurs within the non-profit sector. Similarly, innovation is not just about ideas, inventions and technology. The module takes a very broad view of innovation, and for example will look at process innovations, and organisational innovations as well as new technology, products and services.
By the end of the module students should be able to:
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of entrepreneurship and entrepreneurs.
- Explain and appraise the main historical and current perspectives on innovation.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of how individuals and organisations can identify innovation opportunities and explain the general approaches for exploiting such opportunities.
- Critically appraise the mechanisms for growing, and exiting from entrepreneurial ventures.
- Critically evaluate the contribution that entrepreneurship and innovation makes to broader organisational outcomes
- Identify and analyse the information requirements that enable creative decisions to be taken and the ways that information is used.
Why study at University of Birmingham?
- The programme will equip you to move into more senior management positions, either in your own organisation or moving elsewhere
- Modular delivery over long weekends (Friday to Monday) limits the impact of study on your work commitments.
- Birmingham Business School holds triple-crown accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the Association of MBAs (AMBA) and the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS).
- Birmingham Business School is the UK’s oldest business school, bringing more than 100 years of innovative teaching and research.
- The University of Birmingham is a member of the Russell Group, an organisation of the UK’s top 24 research-led universities.
- The University of Birmingham is also a member of Universitas 21, the leading global network of research-intensive universities.
What is a microcredential?
Microcredentials are designed to upskill you for work in rapidly growing industries, without the time and cost commitment of a full degree. Your microcredential can stand alone as an independent credential, and some also offer academic credit to use towards a degree.
- Learn with expert instructors: Complete courses led by experts with a dedicated group of professionals.
- Earn a professional credential: Finish your learning and pass your assessments to gain an accredited credential.
- Advance further in your career: Use your microcredential as evidence of your specialised skills and progress further in your industry.
How to apply?
When clicking on the Apply Now button you will be directed to an application specifically designed for the programme you wish to apply for where you will create an account with the University application system and submit your application and supporting documents online.
To be eligible for assessment, your application must be complete and submitted before: Friday 7 October 2022 for Overseas/International students and Friday 21 October 2022 for Home/UK based-students (23h59 - UK time). Before submitting your application, please make sure it is complete. Otherwise, your application will not be reviewed.
Find out more
Register your interest for this short course to request more information about the course and for scholarship information.