The programme covers the core themes of Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering and Construction Management.
The course is made up of a total of 180 credits, 120 of which are from taught modules. As well as your five core modules, you must choose a 20-credit module from the theme of Structural Engineering a 20-credit module from the theme of Geotechnical Engineering. A research project forms the basis of the remaining 60 credits.
Learning is delivered via lectures, seminars, tutorials, workshops, coursework, group project work and site visits, as well as your individual project. We have extensive laboratories and other facilities both on and off our campus for undertaking research in geotechnical engineering, water engineering, wind engineering and structural engineering.
- Individual Research Project - 60 credits
- Financial decision-making in the business environment - 10 credits
- Sustainable Construction - 20 credits
- Engineering Production and Risk Management in Construction - 20 credits
- Construction Management - 20 credits
- Synoptic Engineering - 10 credits
Select a 20-credit module from the theme of Structural Engineering and a 20-credit module from the theme of Geotechnical Engineering. Examples of optional modules are listed below:
- Structural Engineering 3 (structural) - 20 credits
- Forensic Engineering (structural) - 20 credits
- Earthworks Engineering (geotechnical) - 20 credits
- Geomechanics (geotechnical) - 20 credits
Please note: The modules listed on the website for this programme are regularly reviewed to ensure they are up-to-date and informed by the latest research and teaching methods.