This programme also aims to provide graduates with the ability to critically evaluate methodologies, analytical procedures and advanced research methods. Year 1 of the programme is focussed on the taught modules covering:
- Control concepts and methods
- Advanced energy conversion systems and power electronic applications
- Advanced power electronic technologies for electrical power networks – HVDC and FACTS
- Electrical power system engineering - using state-of-the-art computational tools and methods, and design of sustainable electrical power systems and networks
- Economic analysis of electrical power systems and electricity markets.
While Year 2 of the programme will give you the opportunity to work on an advanced research project. For some suitable projects, in conjunction with joint industry supervision, industry placement may be available.
The following must be taken:
Performance required for progressing to Year 2: Successful completion of Year 1 with a good overall 2.1 is needed.
Please note: The modules listed on the website for this programme are regularly reviewed to ensure they are up-to-date and informed by the latest research and teaching methods. Unless indicated otherwise, the modules listed for this programme are for students starting in 2022. On rare occasions, we may need to make unexpected changes to core modules; in this event we will contact offer holders as soon as possible to inform or consult them as appropriate.