Scholarships for 2024 entry
The University of Birmingham is proud to offer a range of scholarships for our postgraduate programmes. With a scholarship pot worth over £2 million, we are committed to alleviating financial barriers to support you in taking your next steps.
Each scholarship has its own specific deadlines and eligibility criteria. Please familiarise yourself with the information on individual scholarship webpages prior to submitting an application.
Explore our scholarships
Financial engineering is a multi-disciplinary field that involves the application of computational engineering, software engineering and computer programming skills, along with underlying mathematical and statistical theories, to analyse and manage financial opportunities.
Financial engineering is a multi-disciplinary field that involves the application of computational engineering, software engineering, and computer programming skills, as well as the underlying mathematical and statistical theories to the analysis and management of financial opportunities.
The programme is for strong (1st, 2.1 or equivalent) graduates from programmes in mathematics, or programmes with advanced mathematical components, and who wish to pursue a career in quantitative analysis in economic or financial sectors with state-of-art mathematical methods, computational skills and programming expertise.
You will receive the most advanced computational and programming techniques which help you advance quickly in the field. Our graduates much in demand from sectors such as economics, finance, banking, actuarial science, insurance and industrial management.
Why study Financial Engineering Masters at Birmingham?
- Acquire the ability to integrate the knowledge of mathematics, statistics and computer science in order to address, critically analyse and provide a rational appraisal of a problem
- Learn to use software packages to perform statistical analysis and empirical studies
- Focus on finding optimal solutions to financial problems in broader and challenging environments
- Train specifically in independent study and research, which is an essential skill for quantitative analyst
- Study at the School of Mathematics which is internationally recognised for the quality of research in various fields
Chat with our postgrads
The best advice about studying a Masters or PhD at Birmingham comes from our students. Our friendly and welcoming postgraduate students are ready and waiting to chat and share their thoughts on our courses, stunning campus and life in a vibrant and cultural city.
Chat with Mayank