The course comprises of a series of taught core and optional modules. The core modules are designed to promote development of skills in experimental design, analysis, and scientific writing.
Taught modules currently include:
- Research Methods & Skills in Psychology
- Data Science for behaviour and brain I
- Research review in Psychology
- Proposing Research
Optional modules are shared across MSc programmes in the School of Psychology. Examples of optional modules available at this moment are:
- Translational Cognitive Neuroscience
- Fundamentals in Brain Imaging
- Application of Electrophysiological Approaches in Cognitive Neuroscience
- Modelling Development and Diversity
- Youth Mental Health
Students undertake a supervised research project, leading to a 6,000-word research thesis. See some of the recent projects undertaken by students on the course.
Please note: The modules listed on the website for this programme are regularly reviewed to ensure they are up-to-date and informed by the latest research and teaching methods. Unless indicated otherwise, the modules listed for this programme are for students starting in 2023. On rare occasions, we may need to make unexpected changes to compulsory modules after that date; in this event we will contact offer holders as soon as possible to inform or consult them as appropriate.