Drawing on theory, research, and comparative analysis of international health systems our Health and Care System Leadership Level 7 Apprenticeship programme will help provide you with a basis for understanding and achieving the ‘building blocks’ of high-quality care: well-trained and motivated staff, efficient use of resources, a culture of improvement, and an ability to integrate care. Teaching and learning is delivered in collaboration with colleagues from the Department of Social Work and Social Care at the University, and a Social Work and Social Care Leadership pathway is offered, providing a unique and integrated perspective on system leadership.
The programme takes you through the development processes intended to equip you with the theoretical knowledge and personal skills to understand the health and care environment, improve integrated working on the frontline, and assesses ways to achieve more efficient and person-centred services.
The Health Services Management Centre (HSMC) is one of the UK’s leading centres for research, teaching, professional development and consultancy to health and social care agencies. HSMC pioneers innovative approaches to personal and professional education, delivering multi award -winning national leadership programmes that have made a real difference to the working lives of staff and have improved patient care and experience across all healthcare settings.
Our Health and Care System Leadership Level 7 Apprenticeship, aligned to the Senior Leader Apprenticeship Standard, will allow you to gain a Postgraduate Diploma in Health and Care System Leadership funded by the Apprenticeship Levy. On successful completion of the PgDip, you will have the opportunity to gain a MSc. Please contact us for further details.
Why study this course?
- The programme meets the ‘Triple Aim’ challenge of developing integrated approaches to improve care, improve population health, and reduce costs
- Flexible mode of delivery to suit both learner and employer needs through a hybrid of online and on-campus delivery
- Modular delivery limits the impact of study on work commitments, with each module containing face-to-face learning and supported online learning
- Enrolment on the programme enables learners to build new networks and connections, develop as system leaders, and work with new ideas and approaches to solve organisational and system challenges
- In addition to their Apprenticeship, the University provides apprentices with membership of the Chartered Management Institute for the duration of the programme and one year afterwards as either Chartered Managers or Chartered Fellows