If you would like to know more about BEAR, or have any questions about using BEAR Services, we offer a regular series of drop-in sessions, either in-person or virtual (via Zoom) - see dates below.
In-person drop-in's are usually held once a month in a variety of campus locations, with additional virtual drop-in sessions via Zoom for those not on campus or who require specialist help, so that we can find a relevant member of the team. All research staff, research students and Professional Services staff (e.g. RSSD), are welcome to come and find out more about BEAR, these sessions are usually held in a 1:1 format.
Come and ask us about any of our BEAR Services including:
- High Performance Computing Linux cluster (BlueBEAR) and the BEAR portal
- BEAR storage (FREE up to 3 TB) and data management
- BEAR Data Transfer - for transferring large amounts of data
- BEAR Software – FREE advice and coaching for any aspect of writing and using research software
- Including BEAR services in grant applications
How to join
To join the virtual drop-in sessions, email us at email@example.com, letting us know the topic of your query, and we will aim to find the most suitable BEAR team member to speak to you. We will then send you the Zoom link and instructions on how to join. You can just turn up to any in-person locations.
Upcoming BEAR drop-in sessions