WMREDI have ongoing programme of work supporting partner organisations in developing business cases.
Examples of work undertaken by WMREDI include:
- Supporting submissions by WMCA and University of Birmingham into spending review for investment in the region – development of methodology to support prioritisation of ideas related to support businesses, skills development, inclusive growth and innovation in the region
- Tyseley Incubation Centre for Energy – refurbishment of premises to provide incubator space for new innovative business in the energy sector
- Clean Energy and Sustainability Accelerator to support innovation-led clean regional growth in the integrated waste, low carbon and energy systems sector in the West Midlands as part of an Energy Innovation Zone at the Tyseley Energy Park (TEP).
- National Centre for Decarbonisation of Heat – modelling the immediate economic benefits for three cities from retrofitting social housing from the activities the centre would support as part of a capital bid for constructing the centre at Tyseley Energy Park.
- Costing model for H2GV Mids trail – to inform a large-scale trail of hydrogen powered trucks in the Midlands
- Clean Room facilities at Birmingham Health Innovation Campus to enable precision medicine fulfil orders in the Midlands
- Development of economic model that allows different options for neighbourhood-based approaches to retrofitting homes to be accessed based on the type, age and tenure of housing stock.
We have also supported the training of over 60 individuals to achieve Foundation Level in Better Business Case qualification working in organisations attached to the WMREDI consortium
The Evalution Lab
West Midland Combined Authority
To produce sound economic cases following Green Book methodology to secure investment in the West Midlands.
Information for Policy Makers
WMREDI can provide experts in the development of strategic, economic cases and supporting outline monitoring evaluation frameworks for business cases to support programme development and bids for funding. Our team are all accredited and hold practitioner level qualification in better business case development.