Please note: applications to the College of Arts and Law scholarships are now closed for 2018 entry. The information on this page is provided for guidance only, prior to the next round of funding being announced.
Please find application and reference guidance below for the College of Arts and Law scholarships.
For an application for funding to be considered, we must have received the following by the relevant deadline:
- Application to study
- Completed online funding application form
- Two valid references
1. Apply to study
Before applying to a College of Arts and Law scholarship, you must have completed an application to study a relevant course at Birmingham. To make an application to study, please visit your chosen course's webpage and select 'Apply for this course' on the right hand side of the page.
2. Complete funding application
Once you have made an application to study, you will need to complete the relevant online scholarship application form below and submit it by 4pm on Friday 2 March 2018 for Doctoral scholarships or Friday 23 March 2018 for Masters scholarships. On submitting your application, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Application form for Masters scholarships (applications for 2018 entry closed on Friday 23 March 2018)
- Application form for Doctoral scholarships (applications for 2018 entry closed on Friday 2 March 2018)
Please note, the application process is the same for all of our College of Arts and Law scholarships. Once you have made an application to one of the scholarships listed below, your application will automatically be considered for all relevant scholarships in this list, without you having to make additional applications. This also applies if you have made an application for Arts and Humanities Research Council funding through the Midlands3Cities consortium.
- College of Arts and Law Distance Learning Research Scholarship(s)
- College of Arts and Law Doctoral Scholarships
- College of Arts and Law Masters Scholarships
- Haywood Doctoral Scholarship
- Music Scholarships
- Shakespeare Institute Scholarships
- Wolfson Scholarships (Languages, Literature and History)
There are several other funding schemes available, which have alternative application processes and deadlines. If you would like to be considered for these awards, you will need to make a separate application. Please find further details on our funding page.
3. Submit references
Your application must also be supported by two references. It is your responsibility to forward the relevant reference form below to both of your nominated referees and tell them that their references must be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline. We would advise you to contact your referees ahead of the deadline to ensure that references have been completed and returned.
Only references completed on the relevant reference form and received from the referee will be accepted. Late references will not be considered.
- Reference form for Masters scholarships (applications for 2018 entry closed on Friday 23 March 2018)
- Reference form for Doctoral scholarships (applications for 2018 entry closed on Friday 2 March 2018)
For further information, please review our frequently asked questions for our Masters scholarships and Doctoral scholarships, which may help to answer many of the questions you have about the awards.
If you have any further queries, please email email@example.com or telephone 0121 414 8442 or 0121 414 6627.