University of Birmingham / CATS Undergraduate Outstanding Achievement Scholarship
- Level of study
- Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Overseas (Non-EU)
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 01/06/2020 (Note: competition closed for this year)
In partnership with CATS Colleges, the University of Birmingham is pleased to provide this scholarship for academic high achievers.
Who we are looking for:
You should have an excellent academic background.
The allocation of the awards will be made based on excellent academic achievement, your personal statement and excellent attendance at college.
By accepting the award, the scholar will agree to support the partnership between the University and CATS by, for example, helping with future student visits, being available for testimonials/ photos/videos for marketing purposes and engaging in other activities such as blogging (if required).
Value of Award
The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce one scholarship award of £2500 for students applying for entry to an undergraduate programme at the University starting September 2020 and who are currently studying at any CATS College.
These are joint awards with our partner CATS College and will be awarded to the highest performing academic and attendance students starting their University of Birmingham programme in 2020/21 and will be deducted from the first year tuition fees only
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham for a full time undergraduate programme starting September 2020. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at Birmingham’s UK campus.
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be studying at a CATS College.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2020 (the scholarship award cannot be deferred).
- Accept an offer from (i.e. gone ‘firm’ with) the University of Birmingham by 1 June 2020.
Please note that students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham in the UK, and students applying for MBChB Medicine and Surgery or BDS Dental Surgery are not eligible for this scholarship.
How to Apply
- Your Higher Education Officer from your college will be in touch via email to all offer holders for the University of Birmingham and you can apply through them.
- However, if you would like to apply now for the scholarship you can complete the application form below and send it through to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply is on the 1 June 2020.
- The scholarship will be awarded upon enrolment on studies in September 2020 and will be deducted from the first-year tuition fees only.
Scholarship Application Form 2020