University of Birmingham / CATS Undergraduate Outstanding Achievement Scholarship
- Level of study
- Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Overseas (Non-EU)
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closes 01/05/2019
In partnership with CATS Colleges, the University of Birmingham is pleased to provide this scholarship for academic high achievers.
Who we are looking for:
You should have an excellent academic background.
The allocation of the awards will be made based on excellent academic achievement, your personal statement and excellence attendance at college.
By accepting the award, the scholar will agree to support the partnership between the University and CATS by, for example, helping with future student visits, being available for testimonials/ photos/videos for marketing purposes and engaging in other activities such as blogging (if required).
Value of Award
The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce one scholarship award of £2000 for students applying for entry to an undergraduate programme at the University starting September 2019 and who are currently studying at any CATS College.
These are joint awards with our partner CATS College and will be awarded to the highest performing academic and attendance students starting their University of Birmingham programme in 2019/20 and will cover the first year fees only.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham for a full time undergraduate programme starting September 2019. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at Birmingham’s UK campus.
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be studying a CATS college.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship;
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2019 (the scholarship award cannot be deferred).
- Accept an offer from (i.e. gone ‘firm’ with) the University of Birmingham by 1 June 2019.
Please note that students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham in the UK, and students applying for MBChB Medicine and Surgery or BDS Dental Surgery are not eligible for this scholarship.
How to Apply
Your Higher Education Officer from your college will be in touch via email to all offer holders for the University of Birmingham, to ask if you are interested in applying. You will need to reply back stating your interest by 1 May 2019.
CATS Higher Education Officers:
Robin Cousins– Canterbury
Christine Rudd – Cambridge
Graham Morgan Smith – London
The full scholarship will be awarded upon enrolment on studies in September 2019.
The CATS scholarship is only eligible for study at our UK campus.