The deadline for International students (including EU) to apply is 1 July 2023. The deadline for UK students for the MRes Interdisciplinary Study is 1 August 2023.
Before you make your application
Please refer to our step-by-step process on applying for an MRes Interdisciplinary Study below. This involves a pre-application step that must be completed before you submit a formal application.
Prepare a pre-application proposal
In the first instance applicants should prepare a brief (<500 words) proposal using this form which will be submitted to the programme lead, Dr Julia Myatt.
You will be given the formal application link once you have completed the pre-application process.
Formal Application process
Develop a full proposal
If you are successful at the pre-application stage and we are able to identify potential supervisors for you to work with, you will move onto the next stage. This will involve submitting a full proposal in collaboration with your proposed supervisor and a formal interview.
A formal application should include the documents listed below and can be submitted via the Apply Now button. Please note that only applications that have been through the pre-application approval process will be considered.
- 1000-1500 word research proposal (specifying the subject of the proposed research, the body of ideas or theory that will be used, the aim and objectives and the methodological approach to be adopted)
- Proposed budget requirements for the project - signed off by the proposed supervisor(s)
- Copies of University transcripts (when available)
- Two references from referees who are able to comment on your academic and professional background
- Certificates to show competence in the English language (if English is not your first language)
- Signed agreement from supervisor(s)
- Personal statement (no more than one side of A4) outlining why you want to undertake the MRes Interdisciplinary Study
- Proposed means of funding the MRes (i.e. tuition fee costs)
Applicants successful at this stage will be invited to interview.
In the meantime, please be in touch with the Programme Lead, Dr Julia Myatt, for further details.
When clicking on the Apply Now button you will be directed to an application specifically designed for the programme you wish to apply for where you will create an account with the University application system and submit your application and supporting documents online. Further information regarding how to apply online can be found on the How to apply pages