My name is Barbora and I come from a small country located in the heart of Europe, Slovakia. It's been always a huge dream of mine to study in the UK as I love travelling, exploring new countries and meeting people of different cultures. I'm currently in my second year of International Relations. I also have my own podcast which is all about women empowerment and women in politics.
Get to know Barbora
- In 10 years I want to be...working for an international organisation and still travelling as much as possible!
- Every uni student needs...to find balance between study, work and personal life!
- My best piece of advice for students is...the (best) advice I’ve received from my personal tutor - be gentle with yourself!
- My favourite thing about Birmingham is...that it has so many green areas and parks!
- Best study space on campus is...the Teaching and Learning Building!
- If I could be anyone for a day I would be…I’d be the man! (we all love Taylor Swift’s lyrics, don’t we?)
- When not studying you’ll find me... on a long walk!
- When I was little I wanted to be a…singer (I still love singing and doing karaoke although I cannot sing haha!)
- Best budget friendly meal…pasta with tuna, tomato sauce, and cheese!
- Snobs or The Soak…I must admit I would rather go to Boston Tea Party in Harborne and have their best chai latte and carrot cake!