Please note: The modules listed on the website for this programme are regularly reviewed to ensure they are up-to-date and informed by the latest research and teaching methods. Unless indicated otherwise, the modules listed for this programme are for students starting in 2019. On rare occasions, we may need to make unexpected changes to compulsory modules; in this event we will contact offer holders as soon as possible to inform or consult them as appropriate.
Compulsory English modules:
- Plays and Performance
- Language for Literature or Creative Practice (in Creative Writing or Drama)
Compulsory Film modules:
- Introduction to Film A
- Introduction to Film B
- Film Culture, Distribution and Exhibition
Detailed description of first year modules
Optional English modules:
- Choose 2 modules from ‘Histories of Literature’
- Choose 1 module from ‘Themes in Literature’ or the ‘Shakespeare: Elizabethan and Jacobean’ module
Optional Film modules:
- Choose a number of modules equating to 60 credits from ‘Topics in Film’
You can also choose to apply for the ‘Professional Skills Module’ work placement. If successful, you will replace 20 credits from ‘Topics in Film’ with this module.
Detailed description of second year modules
You can apply to study abroad for a year in an approved university around the world. If you achieve a grade of 2.1 or above in your first year then you will be invited to apply for a Year Abroad in your second year. If your application is successful, you will go abroad in your third year and return to us for your final year.
Find out more.
- Choose to complete a ‘Film Production Project’ or a ‘Film Studies Dissertation’ or an ‘English Dissertation’
- Choose 4 modules from ‘English and Film Special Subjects’
Detailed description of final year modules