Please note: The modules listed on the website for this programme are regularly reviewed to ensure they are up-to-date and informed by the latest research and teaching methods. Unless indicated otherwise, the modules listed for this programme are for students starting in 2018. On rare occasions, we may need to make unexpected changes to compulsory modules after that date; in this event we will contact offer holders as soon as possible to inform or consult them as appropriate.
Modern Languages (two thirds of your degree)
The range of modules available to you does depend on your chosen languages and the combinations you choose to study. Explore our My Choices app to download a personalised prospectus to include our Business Management minor, and discover more about the modules available to you within each language area.
Business Management minor (one third of your degree)
Your first year will develop your understanding of business management both theoretically and practically. You will take the following compulsory modules:
- Introduction to Financial Analysis (10 credits)
- Business Organisation and Management (10 credits)
- Introduction to Economics (10 credits)
- Introduction to Marketing (10 credits)
You will build upon what you have learnt in Year 1, applying it to real-world professional contexts:
- International Economy (10 credits)
- Human Resource Management (10 credits)
- Financial Decision-Making (10 credits)
- Global Marketing (10 credits)
During the Year Abroad, your Business Management studies are effectively put on hold, and your year abroad will look like that of any other student of languages. If you choose to study at a university abroad, you may be able to choose some Business modules at your chosen institution. If you are studying French, German, Spanish or Italian - you may wish to undertake at least one Work Placement abroad.
In year four, you will broaden your understanding of the main areas of debate in the field of Business Management:
- Corporate Finance (10 credits)
- Innovation Management (10 credits)
- Supply Chain Management (10 credits)
- Strategic Management (10 credits)