The Research Data Science Service is part of The Institute for Interdisciplinary Data Science and AI (IIDSAI)
and the Research Software Group
. We aim to improve and enable state-of-the-art data science research at the University through a range of complementary services. We are funded by both IIDSAI and The Centre for Artificial Intelligence in Government (CAIG)
The Research Data Science Service exists to:
- Facilitate data intensive research at the University of Birmingham by providing specialist data science support and advice.
- Help researchers to increase the competitiveness of funding applications involving a data science or AI component.
- Support open science and reproducibility by helping University of Birmingham researchers to share their data and code effectively and with impact.
- Institute-funded work - including pre-award advice and support, post-aware advice and help with publications, data science training, and working on Institute-funded pump-priming projects.
- Grant-funded work - funding a Research Data Scientist's time to collaborate on research projects.