- Typical offer:
- General Studies:
- General Studies is not accepted but a good performance may be taken into account if you fail to meet the conditions of the offer.
We prefer applications from students offering at least two A levels from our list of preferred subjects;
Accounting, Ancient History, Anthropology, Archaeology, Biology, Business Studies, Chemistry, Classical Civilisation, Computing, Drama and Theatre Studies, Economics, English Language, English Language and Literature, English Literature, Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, Further Mathematics, Geography, Geology, Government and Politics, History, History of Art, Human Biology, Law, Mathematics, Medieval History, Modern or Classical Languages, Music, Philosophy, Physics, Psychology, Religious Studies, Sociology, Statistics, World Development
We are happy to accept any subject as the third A level (excluding General Studies and Critical Thinking). If you are not studying an A level combination that includes two of these subjects, please contact the Law School.
BTEC and Access qualifications:
- BTEC Extended Diploma in the following subject areas will be considered: Business and Law. Grades required - D*D*D* and distinctions in all units. Other BTEC Extended Diploma’s may be considered if offered alongside an A level in one of our preferred subjects.
- BTEC Subsidiary Diploma in Business or Law combined with two A levels (from our list of preferred subjects) and BTEC Diploma in Business or Law combined with an A level in one of our preferred subjects will be considered.
- Other BTEC subjects combined with A levels are considered on a case by case basis provided there is an appropriate subject combination.
Access to Higher Education courses in a relevant subject are considered.
Other qualifications are considered – learn more about entry requirements.
International Baccalaureate Diploma: 6,6,6 in Higher level subjects plus 32 points overall.
Birmingham Law School has a thriving community of over 200 international students across our LLB programmes. All international qualifications which are equivalent to A-Level will be considered for entry. Learn more about international entry requirements.
If your first language is not English you must provide an English language qualification. Recognised qualifications include:
- IELTS: 7.0 with no less than 6.5 in any band
If you need to improve your level of English in order to meet the minimum entry-level requirement you may be able attend one of the full-time presessional English courses run by our Birmingham International Academy.
Depending on your chosen course of study, you may also be interested in one of our foundation pathways, which offer specially structured programmes for international students whose qualifications are not accepted for direct entry to UK universities. Further details can be found on Birmingham International Academy web pages.