Modular value: 10 credits
The overall aim of this module is to provide an in-depth and critical perspective of direct and interactive online media within an overall integrated marketing communications mix. The module features direct and interactive marketing principles, metrics and software and the syllabus explores: database marketing technology, its development and role in facilitating direct and interactive marketing strategies and tactics; direct and interactive media and planning; relationship management strategies; direct and interactive software, metrics and statistical analysis; customer-marketer interaction and issues of privacy, security and social responsibility.
By the end of the module, students will develop knowledge and critical understanding of:
- The theory and practice of direct and interactive marketing;
- The changing nature of direct and interactive media and the challenges of effective integration;
- The principles of customer acquisition, development, retention, targeting, interaction, control and continuity;
- The role of databases, associated technology and current challenges (quality, maintenance, privacy, legal and codes of practice);
- How firms create, plan and implement successful direct and interactive marketing campaigns