The University of Birmingham is a popular destination for Chevening Scholars and we are very proud to support this scholarship programme.
What are Chevening Scholarships?
- Chevening scholarships are the UK government's global scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations.
- The scholarships are awarded to outstanding scholars with leadership potential.
- Awards are typically for a one year Master’s degree at universities across the UK.
- There are over 43,000 Chevening alumni around the world who together comprise an influential and highly regarded global network.
- For further information, please refer to the Chevening website.
Who can apply for a Chevening Scholarship?
- Chevening scholarships are for talented people who have been identified as potential future leaders across a wide range of fields, including politics, business, the media, civil society, religion, and academia.
- Applicants should be high calibre graduates with the personal, intellectual and interpersonal qualities necessary for leadership.
- Chevening Scholarships are available to students from more than 150 countries worldwide (excluding the USA and the EU).
How can I apply for a Chevening Scholarship?
- Applications for 2017/18 Chevening Scholarships opened in August 2016. The application deadline is 8 November 2016 at 12:00 GMT.
- Applications must be submitted via the Chevening website.
- Please refer to the guidance on the website before applying, including the frequently asked questions.
- You should also refer to the country pages on the Chevening website which contain guidance for applicants from your country, including priority subject areas. Please use the 'Find awards available in your country/ territory' tool.
Chevening-Birmingham Partnership Scholarships 2017
The University of Birmingham is pleased to offer 16 scholarships in partnership with Chevening for 2017 entry.
A Chevening-Birmingham Partnership Scholarship covers full tuition fees for your chosen course funded by the University of Birmingham; country fee caps do not apply. You will also receive the same allowance and stipend package as a main Chevening Award.