ATETA, the European Regional Development Funded SME support programme from the Birmingham Energy Institute has been designed to help organisations overcome their obstacles and unlock business opportunities. Since its launch in 2017 it has offered advice and support to more than 100 businesses within the Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership.
The safety of our staff, students, partners and visitors is of paramount importance. In accordance with the advice from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO), World Health Organisation (WHO) Public Health England (PHE) the University of Birmingham is operating a restricted campus with the majority of University staff now working remotely. Whilst this has resulted in all laboratory and field based work for businesses under the ATETA project being put on hold, our project team are still working and are available to offer support to build resilience in your business in these challenging times. Should you have any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What does ATETA offer?
ATETA provides FREE access to our team of Knowledge Exchange Fellow’s (KEFs) who will work with you in our state-of-the-art research facilities and laboratories to identify ways for you to improve efficiency, identify new market prospects, test and demonstrate new ideas and ultimately grow your business. To date the programme has succeeded in generating a net income of almost £25 million for the local economy.
ATETA aims to promote research and innovation in the adoption of zero carbon energy technologies for SME’s that are active in the Black Country, Coventry and Warwickshire and the Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership Areas.
We can support businesses by:
- Providing you with a platform to test and demonstrate innovative ideas in our state-of-the-art labs
- Helping you provide enhanced products and services to your customers
- Adopt new technologies to reduce energy use in manufacturing
- Working with you to identify and initiate market opportunities in new energy markets and technologies
- Offering support with product / process research and development for energy technologies such as; thermal materials, energy storage, distributed energy generation or fuel cell technologies
- Identifying the right solution for your power security needs
- Providing you with energy market intelligence
The Birmingham Energy Incubation Hub:
ATETA have developed the Birmingham Energy Incubation Hub in partnership with Tyselely Energy Park (TEP). This hub offers an integrated package of support to drive business growth amongst low-carbon energy businesses.
The aim of the new energy incubation hub is to bring together the office and workshop space available at TEP with and the energy expertise and research facilities of the University of Birmingham. Businesses that become a part of this hub will drive transformational change in the generation, and use of clean power and heat.
The hub has various industrial units available to let ranging from 1,000 sq ft (93 sq m)to 15,000 sq ft (139.4 sq m), there is also office accommodation to let ranging from 500 sq ft (46.5 sq m) to 3000sq ft (279 sq m) in a refurbished 1800 century Mill.
Businesses based in the Birmingham Energy Incubation Hub will benefit from the following:
- Workshop and office space
- One to One technical and mentoring partnership with a relevant, world-leading researchers from the University of Birmingham
- Secure renewable power from the on site biomass power station
- On-site toolroom and tool maker
- Access to University of Birmingham laboratory facilities for testing and analytical services
- Funding advice to identify opportunities for collaborative R&D
- Representation on Tyseley Energy Park quarterly co-creation group meetings
- Invitation to workshops on energy technology and business development
- Expert advice from a dedicated Energy Technology Experts focused on your business need
Businesses interested in becoming a part of the Birmingham Energy Incubation Hub and ultimately a part of the new energy revolution will need to complete the enquiry form on the TEP website.
Our KEFs will apply their world leading research, experience and expertise to provide you with an applied, professional approach to business, economic, market and technical research that can provide independent and impartial evidence in support of your innovative product or service claims. The expertise of our KEF’s spans across a multitude of areas including, but not limited to, Thermal Energy Technologies, SMART Grids and System Integration and Renewable Power and Fuel Cell Technologies.
Key Project Themes:
Thermal Energy Technologies
- Thermal Energy Storage Systems
- Thermal Materials – Development and Applications
- Clean Cold Energy Systems
- Advanced Manufacturing Technologies
Smart Grids and System Integration
- Distributed Energy System Design and Grid Integration
- Power Systems and Smart Grid Economics
- Smart Power Grids and real-time simulation
- Monitoring and Control Systems
Renewable Power and Fuel Cell Technologies
- Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Technologies
- Power Generation Technology and Alternative Fuels
- EfW Technology, Simulation and Design
To discover how your business can grow its profitability with ATETA, and to find out if your SME is eligible, please email email@example.com.