Dr Yousif Al-Sagheer PhD
Yousif specialises in supporting businesses in water electrolyser integration to renewable energy sources to produce green hydrogen fuel. This offers technical support and helps assessing feasibility of such businesses.
Yousif supports business needs within the following fields:
- Green Hydrogen Fuels
- Hydrogen Systems Integration to Renewable Energy Sources
- Fuel Cells Applications (Design, sizing, and control)
- Fuel Cells Hybrid Electric Vehicles
Dr Dave Eckold PhD
Dave specialises in tribology—friction, wear & lubrication. Additionally, he has supported businesses with mechanical design expertise to provide prototype designs for parasitic generators to capture wasted energy in gym equipment, improved the design of insulating doors for warehouse applications, and reviewed designs for small scale wind turbines.
Dave supports business needs within the following fields:
- Testing frictional modifier additives for lubricants designed for automotive use
- Researching graphite-free alternatives lubricants for non-ferrous forging applications
- Researching alternative bearing materials for omnidirectional bearings
- Consulting on the suitability of magnetic bearings for wind applications
Dr Amruta Joshi PhD
Amruta specialises in supporting businesses with needs in the following fields:
- Renewable energy resources including solar photovoltaics and energy storage for smart grids
- Optimisation of energy storage for different applications including microgrid, V2G(vehicle to grid)
- Energy efficiency analysis including carbon footprint calculations, techno-economic analysis of energy systems
Dr Tiejun Lu PhD
Tiejun specialises in supporting businesses with thermal energy storage businesses challenges, this includes cold storage solutions.
Dr Helena Navarro PhD
Helena supports businesses across different sectors, offering lab support in Thermal Energy storage for material characterisation. She also advises on the new trends and opportunities to achieve a reduction in energy consumption, materials revalorization and explores new business opportunities.
Helena specialises in supporting businesses with needs in the following fields:
- Heat storage
- Cold storage
- Materials development
- Materials recovery
Dr Pouriya Niknam
Pouriya specialises in supporting businesses with energy optimisation and waste heat recovery solutions to drive emission reduction and increase the process efficiency and their revenue base.
Pouriya supports business needs within the following fields:
- Waste heat recovery by thermal energy storage systems
- Computational fluid dynamics analysis for product development and performance enhancement
- Optimisation and retrofit of processes in chemical, petrochemical, and power industries (both conventional and renewable)
- Feasibility assessment and multi-physics modelling of emerging solutions in the energy sector
Dr Hadi Nozari PhD
Hadi specialises in Energy from Waste Technologies and sustainable fuels including Hydrogen, Bio Gas and Bio Diesel.
Particularly, Hadi supports business needs within the following fields:
- Hydrogen fuel production and utilisation pathways
- NH3 production and utilisation pathways
- Biofuels applications for energy generation
- Combustion:Gasoline & diesel engines and after treatment technologies
- Characteristics: flame speed, ignition, emissions
- Fundamental flames: premixed and diffusion
- Applications: burners, boilers, combustion chambers
- Flame stability analysis
- Energy from Waste, Gasification and Fuel Reforming
- Gaseous emissions and particulates characterisation
- Chemical kinetics and equilibrium analysis
- Exhaust thermochemical recovery
Dr Shivangi Sharma
Dr Shivangi Sharma has worked as a researcher in Sustainable Energy Systems with the last 7 years, specialising in Renewable Energy Engineering with Thermal Energy Storage systems. Prior to this, she worked in the industry for a similar period; associated with Tata, Volkswagen Group, and Jaguar Land Rover etc.
In her current role, Shivangi specialises in the design, analysis and integration of Renewable Energy Systems such as Solar Photovoltaic (PV) and Concentrated PV (CPV), Bioenergy, and Thermal Energy Storage (Phase Change Materials or PCM, and nano-materials). The end goal for most interventions is to innovate for energy efficiency and decarbonisation, and to improve the existing designs/technologies through research and development at all levels; from materials, devices, systems to whole system integration.
In addition, she is involved in Data Analytics and Energy Informatics projects on Local Energy Systems focussed in and around the West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA) area.
Dr Conghuan Yang PhD
Conghuan specialises in supporting businesses with simulations and analysis in renewable energy, energy storage systems and EVs, to help or improve their system design or solve existing problems.
Conghuan supports business needs within the following fields:
- Smart Grids
- Power Systems
- Monitoring & Control
- EV Charging
- Power generation