The University of Birmingham is delighted to offer the Hong Kong Postgraduate Scholarship. This award covers the tuition fees for a 1 year taught Masters course in any subject area.
*Information here relates to scholarships for students starting in 2017.
Candidates for this scholarship must fulfill the following requirements:
- have resided in Hong Kong for the seven years preceding 1 October 2017
- be holders of a degree (or expect to obtain a degree before September 2017) from an institution of tertiary education in Hong Kong. Those with diplomas and other non-degree qualifications from such institutions may be considered for admission to a relevant postgraduate programme if their qualifications and working experience are acceptable to the University of Birmingham
- have applied by the 31 March 2017 for admission to the University of Birmingham through the normal admissions procedures
- be eligible for admission to their intended course of study (note: the scholarship award will only be confirmed when the candidate has been offered a place at the University of Birmingham)
- be able to provide evidence satisfactory to the University of an adequate knowledge of written and spoken English
- should not have previously studied in the United Kingdom on a credit-bearing programme leading to a degree awarded by a UK institution
- should be able to fund the remaining costs of their studies at Birmingham from other sources
Applications open 1 November 2016. Information and application forms are available from the Student Finance Office website in English or Chinese, or by contacting:
Ms Caroline Cheung, Student Finance Office, Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency, Room 1217 12/F Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
Tel: 2150 6101 or 2150 6110