The University of Birmingham is delighted to offer the Hong Kong Postgraduate Scholarship. This award covers the tuition fees for a 1 year taught Masters course in any subject area.
Candidates for this scholarship must fulfill the following requirements:
- have resided in Hong Kong for the seven years preceding 1 October 2019
- be holders of a degree (or expect to obtain a degree before September 2019) from an institution of tertiary education in Hong Kong. Those with diplomas and other non-degree qualifications from such institutions may be considered for admission to a relevant postgraduate programme if their qualifications and working experience are acceptable to the University of Birmingham
- have applied by 29 March 2019 for admission to the University of Birmingham UK campus*, through the normal admissions procedures
- be eligible for admission to their intended course of study (note: the scholarship award will only be confirmed when the candidate has been offered a place at the University of Birmingham)
- be able to provide evidence satisfactory to the University of an adequate knowledge of written and spoken English
- should not have previously studied in the United Kingdom on a credit-bearing programme leading to a degree awarded by a UK institution
- should be able to fund the remaining costs of their studies at Birmingham from other sources
Applications open 12 November 2018. Information and application forms are available from the Student Finance Office website in English or Chinese, or by contacting:
Ms Berry Tung, Student Finance Office, Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency, Room 1217 12/F Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
Tel: 2150 6101 or 2150 6110
*Hong Kong Postgraduate scholarships are only eligible for full time study at our UK campus